1.11.2014

The Other List

Yesterday, I mentioned the SIX MOST IMPORTANT List: a daily task list that I use most days to help me complete my projects. This week, while I was sick, my SMI list included: get out of bed, make the bed, take a shower, eat soup.

The other most important list that I keep - my gratitude list.  

For each new morning with its light, For rest and shelter of the night, For health and food, for love and friends, For everything Thy goodness sends. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

You all know I have choose ONE WORD each year to help shape my character and improve my walk with God. I decided a few years ago (when I turned 40) that my lifetime word is: GRATITUDE. Each night, I try to recount what and who I am thankful for that day. I write it in my calendar or on a note card or in a journal. It is a reminder of the goodness in the world and of the many blessings that I can look forward to tomorrow.


We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.

Thornton Wilder

More than anything, I've found that my gratitude list tells the story of my heart. By keeping track of what I'm thankful for, I can see where my passion lies, what I value and who I love. I write three-to-five things each day and when I look back I can see my heart grow up. 



Today's list will include: 

being outside! my track workout = walking with coffee and  Emerson while watching Jen and Erica do a timed mile
yoga sesh with guru ace and sugaree
coffee with Jen and Sami
birthday shopping for Erica
homemade chocolate souffle
What's on your list?