2.05.2014

Week in the Life - Wednesday

Here is more from a week in the life:

5:00am     Alarm. Again. Transition One: it's located in the walk-in closet. 

5:11am     Let the dog out. Let the dog in. Feed the Dog. Feed me: Belvita Blueberry wafers and a banana. Prep my nutrition/hydration. Watch my sister's Facebook movie. Cry a little and curse Mark Zuckerberg for the power of tears over FACEBOOK so early in the freaking morning!

5:45am     Leave for the track. It is foggy and a cold 45 degrees. I'm wearing: a headband, beanie, three tops, two jackets, capris, sweatpants,  socks and shoes.{11 Articles of Clothing}

6:05am    Start Workout No. 1: Walking, dynamics, jogging x 8 laps. Build for one mile. Tempo run for 20 minutes near 8:00/mile pace. This is the first time I've done a tempo on a track and it feels pretty good. Love feeling the temperature dip just before the sunrise and how the unlighted field reveals itself little by little through the fog.

7:15am    Head to Starbucks. Dirty Spice and I discuss her run, her upcoming race and the guilt she feels for missing a workout.  Transition Two: new headband and beanie, remove one top and one jacket, change into just the sweatpants. {Clothes Count x 2}

Tigger and the Mermaid
8:00am    Home. Transition Three: bike tank + bike shorts + hoodie + same sweatpants. I'm not going to count the fleece that I'm wearing in the house because it's colder indoors than out.   :)  {Clothing Count x 3}

9:30am   On the bike for Workout No. 2. A steady state workout to THE BIGGEST LOSER. Being on a bike trainer by myself is the hardest workout in the world. I want to be a slacker, but I put in the work.  I get hungry at 45 minute mark and get hangry at the the 46 minute mark.



11:00am   Transition Four: yoga top + yoga shorts + long sleeved tee. {Clothing Count x 3}

NOON       Lunch. Shower. Coach. Yoga Clothes. This afternoon I work on swim video footage of my tri clubbers. I might sneak in a game of Word Scramble after each video.   {New Clothing Count x 0....unless proverbial coach's cap counts} 

5:00pm   Transition Five Going Out to Dinner Outfit: three tops + hot pants + cute flats + make up and earrings. Ace and I hit the Brasserie du Soliel for an amazing dinner with  my favorite BIG FAT SALAD, a few bites of Ace's pomme frites and a mini carrot cake. Yum!   {Clothing Count x 4}

Sans Chicken + Mushrooms x 2


Today's Score:  23 Articles of Clothing  & Five Transitions