2.06.2014

A Break in the Action

I will continue my week in the life chronicle this weekend. Today's break in the action equals two great stories! This morning I had the pleasure of sleeping until 5:45am instead of 4:45 am! Glorious. I still needed to get in a swim workout so I headed to the pool at 6:30a - just as the tri club finished up its first half-hour, I started my 2700 yard workout. Between sets I heard -- out of the corner of my ear -- the coach say something about a missing gold and diamond earring.

I don't know if you know this yet, but I'm a little obsessed with finding spare change during workouts. Dirty Spice and I have been known to fight over loose change [and a shark's tooth or two] on the track or the road. Last year, we had a contest to see who could find the most change. CLICK HERE to see who won (me).  Anyway.....I decided to put my master needle-in-a-haystack sleuthing skills to work. 

I promise I concentrated on my stroke and bilateral breathing and my lats and blah blah blah, but I also searched for any glint and sparkle on the bottom of the pool. I searched on either side of the blue tile line and even tried to spot the jewelry between the feet of the water aerobics going on two lanes over.

Summertime Water Aerobics

No luck. 

I finished my workout, headed to the locker room (transition) and then headed home. When I opened the door from the lobby to the lot, I spied with my little eye a little gold and diamond earring on the sidewalk!


Looked Like This!
  
I was so excited! I took it back inside to our tri coach, Alan. Didn't you say that someone lost an earring? Look! I found it! His response, Great! You found one! What? One? There's another missing? I immediately went out and searched the dirt and pine straw and sidewalk for the other. 

No luck. 

I walked out to my car and found two women pacing around a parking space. One was my CORE @ THE STORE friend Sue. Are you looking for an earring? Yes! They exclaimed. I found one! What?! We found the other! There were hugs all around! What an amazing feeling! 

Did I say two stories? The other will come tomorrow. 

Watch foreshadowing here: 

  

AND THIS:


Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy