5.01.2014

Short & Sweet

It's already May! How time flies when you're having fun. Here are a few fun things I've been stirring up. 

LoTider Winners
In March, Ace and I scored! We did the Annual Lo Tide run at Carolina Beach. He ran the 5k and placed FIRST in his age-group. He PR'd by over a minute.  Plus, I won a bet with Dirty Spice and crossed the finish two minutes ahead. She had to wear a very large purse for an entire week. 

Dirty Spice won the cursing contest just days later. You might remember that I've been giving up something each month. In March, I gave up cuss words. Every time I said a four-letter word, I gave a dollar to the pot. By the end of the month I had $25 saved up. That's nearly a word a day - awful! Many of mine were not even worth a buck - curses muttered underneath my breath all alone. The five dollar bill was a very expensive run on March 20 when I cursed at a driver that almost hit me on a training run and flipped him both birds (worth $2). Evidently, I have a potty mouth. 

I've been out on my bike a lot more now that the weather has turned. A few weekends ago, we crossed paths with THIS: 

 

Two gargoyles guarding a dirt driveway. You might think that the resemblance is uncanny in the picture - and you might be right. Turns out, the name on the mailbox on said dirt driveway is FORMYDUVAL - my maiden name! I'm pretty sure we never visited here for a Thanksgiving meal or family reunion - but I bet we're related somehow.

Stay tuned for more in the month of May.