10.09.2012

Fired Up

I reached the tipping point this week! Last week was full tilt boogie and now it's TAPER TIME!  As they say, the hay is in the barn. The bulk of the work is done and now my body is repairing itself and I'm mentally preparing to rock out the B2B Half!

I received my race packet in the mail, I have my eye on the forecast and I've even washed and set aside some of the clothes I'm wearing on race day. I've had a friend retape Lucinda's aerobars (in hot pink) and I'm replacing batteries in my watches and heart rate monitors today.

Of course, these next two weeks also mean that the bats are in the belfrey. [Check out this article!] I've gone from a 16-hour training week to ten hours this week and six hours + the race next week.

I'm already ready already! Let's do this thing! In the time that my mind has between now and race weekend, my mind vacillates between being nervous to being gung-ho. I've been prepping for this 6ish hour journey for nearly six months and I'm ready to move.

What's keeping me fired up?  MUSIC! My spin students are in big trouble because for the next two weeks we're gonna be listening to these motivational songs!

Here's what's on my SPOTIFY playlist:

Scarlet - U2
Ready to Go - Republica
Uprising - Muse
Good Morning - Mandisa f/ Toby Mac
Beautiful Day - U2
Stronger [What Doesn't Kill Ya] - Kelly Clarkson 
Girl on Fire - Alicia Keys
The Fighter - Gym Class Heroes f/Ryan Tedder



The Champ - Nelly
Titanium - David Guetta f/Sia
Lights - Ellie Goulding
Tonight is the Night - Outasight
Vertigo - U2
Dare You to Move - Switchfoot
Harder Better Stronger Faster - Orbital Fog
Stronger - Mandisa
Don't Stop Believin' - Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment