1.14.2013

Happy New Year



It's 2013! I love the start of a new year. It holds such promise and hope; so many new possibilities and opportunities. January seems to offer a reboot  personally, professionally, physically and spiritually. I'm ready to see what this year has in store. 

My biggest news? I signed up for the big one. At 10:26 on New Year's Eve I entered my first-ever iron-distance triathlon! That's right! On October 26, 2013 I will swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles and run 26.2 miles. That's 140.6 miles in one day.

It's daunting. I'm scared. I'm not just half crazy anymore.....I'm full-on crazy. I've already had one anxiety dream about race day - and I know there are more to come. I've never even run a marathon - let alone a marathon after 112 miles on a bike. I've already had technical difficulties on my runs and rides and bronchitis to boot. But I can't wait to try this. I can't wait to do what I never thought I could. I can't wait to train - to swim in the channel at the crack of dawn or ride with my friends on a country road or run in the dark on race day. I can't wait to take you with me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment