2.09.2012

Food Delivery

When I'm not training (or thinking about training), I am eating (or thinking about eating). My one word for 2010 was FUEL and although my intention for the word was more spiritual in nature, I found the obvious physical benefit: foods that fueled me!

A few years ago, my sister and I started GumboGirls - a foodie blog with our favorite foods and our favorite food stories. I know that Forrest Gump said life is like a box of chocolates, but Anna and I think that life is like a bowl of gumbo. Gumbo is a everything-but-the-kitchen-sink kind of meal. Plus, every time I make it, it's different. Like Forrest, you never know what you're gonna get. It starts with the roux (the foundation), a variety of ingredients (circumstantial twists and turns), spice (the people you know) and even secret ingredients (dare I say love and magic?).

This year, the Gumbo is simmering and so are a bunch of other recipes. Check us out for everyday dinner ideas to fuel you! Click on the okra below to check out today's recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment